Coconut Brick is a multipurpose growing medium made from coconut husk.
The fibrous coconut husk is pre-washed, machine dried, sieved and made free from sand and other contaminations such as animal and plant residue.
Usage and Advantages:
- Coconut Brick is a very good alternative to traditional peat moss and Rock wool. Its air-filled porosity and high water holding capacity makes it, an ideal growing medium for the plant crops.
- Coconut Brick is compressed Coco peat into a brick block that is easier to store.
- To use: Put the block into a basin or bin and soak it in the water to decompress the coco peat. If you do not need to use the whole block, you can just soak a portion into water and break down whatever amount you need to use and store the remaining brick for later use.
- The coco peat is non-nutritive, so please use it with fertilizer.
- Size of the block: approx 30cm x 30cm x 12cm. Depending on the mositure contained, each pack weights about 5kg +/-